The Dealmaster has finished streaming Dune, so it’s time for another round of the best tech deals from around the web. Today’s rundown is headlined by the lowest price we’ve tracked for Sony’s WH-1000XM4 headphones, which have fallen to $248 at various retailers this week. That matches the deal we highlighted during Amazon’s Prime Day event and marks a roughly $80 drop from the noise-canceling pair’s usual online going rate over the past few months.
We’ve recommended the XM4s on several occasions in the past, and they remain an excellent blend of high comfort, useful features, and top-tier noise-canceling strength. Battery life is decent, if not amazing. And while there are definitely better-sounding pairs, Sony’s out-of-the-box sound serves up some powerful bass for those who prefer that type of experience (it’s possible to customize the sound into something more neutral through Sony’s handy smartphone app). USB-C charging, an effective “ambient sound” mode, and a “speak to chat” feature that automatically pauses your music when you need to speak all add to the package. Bose’s new QuietComfort 45 may be lighter on the head, and Apple’s $550 AirPods Max may have them both beat in terms of pure sound quality and noise-canceling power, but at this price specifically, the XM4 present a strong value.
Our roundup also has some appealing prices on several new 4K TVs from Sony, TCL, Vizio, and Samsung; the lowest price we’ve seen for the 512GB version of a recommended Samsung microSD card; a number of deals on SSDs, both internal and portable; a $20 price drop on Logitech’s excellent MX Master 3 wireless mouse; a big gaming chair sale that includes models we’ve tested and recommended from AndaSeat, and much more. Have a look at our full curated list below.
Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Acer Swift 3 laptop—AMD Ryzen 7 5700U, 14-inch 1080p, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD for $629.99 at Amazon (normally $750).
- WD Black SN850 (1TB) M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 internal SSD for $164.99 at Amazon, Best Buy, and B&H (delayed shipping—normally $195).
- Samsung 980 SSD (1TB) M.2 NVMe internal SSD for $109.99 at Samsung and Amazon (normally $125).
- Crucial P5 (500GB) M.2 NVMe internal SSD for $54.99 at Amazon (normally $75).
- Crucial MX500 (2TB) 2.5-inch SATA internal SSD for $169.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $190).
TV and home entertainment deals
- 55-inch TCL 6-Series 55R635 (2020 model) 4K LED Roku TV for $699 at Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy (normally $875).
- 55-inch Hisense U7G (2021 model) 4K QLED TV for $699.99 at Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy (normally $800).
- 55-inch Samsung QN90A (2021 model) 4K QLED TV for $1,299.99 at Samsung and Amazon (normally $1,600).
- 55-inch Sony X90J (2021 model) 4K LED TV for $998 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $1,200).
- 65-inch Sony A80J (2021 model) 4K OLED TV for $1,798 at Amazon (normally $2,200).
- 65-inch Hisense U8G (2021 model) 4K LED TV for $999.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $1,200).
- 70-inch Vizio M-Series Quantum M70Q7-J03 (2021 model) 4K LED TV for $799.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $1,100).
- Roku Ultra 4K media streamer for $69 at Amazon, Target, and Kohl’s (normally $85).
- Roku Streambar 2.0-channel soundbar + 4K media streamer for $99 at Amazon and Target (normally $115).