Pictured: Grinning pub drinker being hunted by police after woman was sexually assaulted at 1am
- Detectives are looking for witnesses who can help locate the man in Aldershot
- A woman was reportedly sexually assaulted in The George pub on Victoria Road
- The alleged assault took place October 3 at around 1.05am inside the premises
- Hampshire Police released a picture of a smiling man they are looking to talk to
- The man can be seen smiling outside the pub while holding a drink in his hand
Hampshire Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was sexually assaulted in a pub in Aldershot.
On Sunday, October 3 officers received reports of an incident inside the premises of The George pub in Victoria Road, Aldershot.
A woman was reportedly a victim of a sexual assault at around 1.05am.
Officers are keen to speak to the man pictured in the CCTV image as part of their investigation into the incident. They are also appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Officers want to speak to the smiling man (pictured) seen on CCTV images released by Hampshire Police
The man can be seen smiling while holding a drink and wearing a black jacket and t-shirt in the released photograph.
The George pub is open until late on Sundays and is owned by the Stonegate group.
The latest attack comes as women across the UK prepare to boycott nightclubs on November 4 after a spate of reports in Nottingham that women have been spiked by injection.
The alleged assault occurred inside The George pub in Victoria Road, Aldershot around 1.05am on October 3
Nottinghamshire Police confirmed that they had received 44 reports of spiking – including 12 reports of spiking by needle – since September 4.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 101 with the reference 44210397613. Alternatively, you can phone Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.