Atletico Madrid 1-2 Mallorca: Real Madrid loanee Takefusa Kubo scores last-minute WINNER to down Diego Simeone’s men at home as visitors complete stunning late comeback at Wanda Metropolitano
- Takefusa Kubo scored a last minute goal to snatch all three points for Mallorca
- Diego Simeone opted to start the game with Luis Suarez left on the bench
- His gamble looked to have paid off when Atletico took a second half lead
- However, Mallorca struck twice in the last 10 minutes to turn the game around
- Atletico now find themselves seven points behind Real Madrid in the title race
Takefusa Kubo snatched a dramatic late winner for Mallorca to severely dent Atletico Madrid’s title hopes at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium on Saturday.
The hosts were looking for their third straight league win to close the gap to Real Madrid at the top of LaLiga, and Diego Simeone took a gamble by starting the match with Luis Suarez on the bench ahead of his side’s crucial Champions League clash with Porto on Tuesday.
His risky selection backfired as Mallorca came from behind, scoring twice in the last 10 minutes through Franco Russo and Kubo to pick up all three points.
More to follow.
Luis Suarez somewhat surprisingly started the game on the substitutes’ bench for the hosts
Matheus Cunha’s goal gave Atletico Madrid the lead, but they were unable to hang on
Mallorca celebrate their equalising goal, scored by their centre-back, Franco Russo
Takefusa Kubo scored a huge late goal to hand Mallorca an unlikely win away from home